N00353 – Lead Care Coordinator – MA
Position Overview: The Lead Care Coordinator will provide direction and support to the Case Managers to ensure robust continuing care planning. Their primary purposes are to ensure exceptional patient care coordination, including the scheduling of continued care appointments with preferred providers, and to foster outside provider relationships. They must facilitate continuity of care within the RCA system and are responsible to improve the Key Performance Indicator of patient progressions. They must also act as the primary liaison between the site and the Business Development team.
The main KPIs to measure performance are as follows:
- All continued care plans will be completed, with appointments scheduled, addressing all needs of each patient (Substance Use, Mental Health, MAT, PCP, and all life domains).
- Increased progressions and first visits to outpatient levels of care to increase continuity.
- Communication with all ROIs to follow the cadence below:
- Notification of admission
- Announcement of care coordinator and assigned clinical team members
- Ongoing updates throughout treatment
- Commencement of continued care planning
- Completion of continued care plan/transition of care meeting
- Adherence to all Referent Protocols.
- Adherence to customer satisfaction and call metrics.
- Send all continued care plan documentation to receiving providers.
- Collaborates with clinical leadership to support/train Case Managers.
- Participates in Treatment Team meeting daily.
- Keeps current knowledge of treatment related KPI/goals
- Keeps a working knowledge of appropriate referral sources/outside providers.
- Actively communicates and ensures positive relationships with referral sources/outside providers.
- Makes proactive outbound calls to referents in effort to provide access to treatment.
- Maintains a master list of appropriate, preferred community providers in coordination with the business development for discharge planning purposes.
- Work with all RCA OP sites to maximize continuity within the continuum of care.
- Communicates to clinical team information from all outside constituents to inform treatment planning.
- Ensures all continued care plans are solidified prior to discharge.
- Works collaboratively with the clinical team to engage, educate, communicate, and coordinate care with patient, their family, behavioral and general medical care providers, community resources and others to ensure that all services prescribed in the individualized continuing plan are implemented.
- Ensures all appropriate referrals for identified services on continued care plans are made and coordinated with service providers via contracted network providers or community resources.
Job Knowledge: Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues. This person will be an expert in all levels of care available to our patients upon discharge from RCA sites. Including, but not limited to, Sober Living, Extended Care, Outpatient, Psychiatry, etc.. A collaborative working relationship with the Business Development Team will be necessary to formulate an opinion on all area providers.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Problem Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges
Decision Making: Use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions and/or reaching conclusions; take action consistent with available facts, constraints, and anticipated consequences. This is a key attribute of this job, as this person will be responsible for "deciding" what is appropriate for our patients to do when they leave our care.
Collaboration: As mentioned previously, a collaborative working relationship with the Business Development team is essential to identify key partners in the community that RCA would need to work collaboratively with. This individual runs the department that will also own communication with all of our referral partners, to ensure these partners are well informed about their patients. The case management team is tasked with assuring these referral sources continue to work with RCA. This experience is a major contributor to RCA’s ability to maintain positive relationships with our referral partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field is preferred.
- High School Diploma/GED/Equivalent and minimum of one (1) year of professional experience in Behavioral Health/Substance Use Treatment field required.
- Knowledge of health care, detoxification process, addiction, co-occurring disorders, DSM Criteria, and terminology.
- Ability to read and interpret written information; write clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; and participates in meetings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
9 Village Inn Road OPCO LLC, Westminster, Massachusetts 01473