Full-time Employment in Westminster, Massachusetts 01473
- Evaluate clients’ mental and physical health, addiction, or problem behavior and assess their readiness for treatment
- Help clients develop treatment goals and plans
- Review and recommend treatment options with clients and their families
- Help clients develop skills and behaviors necessary to recover from their addiction or modify their behavior
- Work with clients to identify behaviors or situations that interfere with their recovery
- Teach families about addiction or behavior disorders and help them develop strategies to cope with those problems
- Refer clients to other resources and services, such as job placement services and support groups
- Conduct outreach programs to help people identify the signs of addiction and other destructive behavior, as well as steps to take to avoid such behavior
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling required or Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling with one of the following licensures: LADC1, LADC2, LCSW, LICSW or LMHC
- One to three years of experience in a behavioral healthcare or substance abuse settings serving culturally diverse populations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects under pressure.
- Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Understanding of diverse cultures and gender-specific issues and the ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into the organization.
- Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
- Exhibits excellent customer relation skills as evidenced by supportive and constructive communication with all contacts including coworkers, patients, residents, visitors, families and referral sources.
- Knowledge of case management for dual diagnosis patient.
- Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
- Problem Solving: Identifies problems, involves others in seeking solutions, conducts appropriate analyses, searches for best solutions; responds quickly to new challenges.
- Communication Proficiency: Comfortable using a broad range of communication styles, and ability to choose appropriate, effective ways to communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost and quality.
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Westminster – 9 Village Inn Road, Westminster, Massachusetts 01473