Recovery Support Specialist Job
Part-time Employment in Westminster, Massachusetts 01473
Position Overview: The Recovery Support Specialist assists patients with substance abuse and mental health disorders, working under direction of clinical, nursing and medical staff. This includes assisting patients with daily schedules, leading patients in educational and recreational activities, and accompanying patients to and from examinations and treatments. Supports the delivery of individual client care.
- Monitors patient activities, provides security checks throughout shift, completes documentation to include but not limited to, rounds sheet, End of Shift reports; records patient behavior.
- Participate in direct patient care including ensuring patient safety, interacting therapeutically. Assists in the activities of patients daily schedule
- Performs all aspects of patient belongings processing for new admissions and resulting from visitation, including search, debugging and deliver
- Partner with Clinical staff to conduct a welcoming New Patient Orientation
- Aids and instructs patients in facilitation and presentation of the RCA Clinical Curriculum with corresponding notes in medical records system.
- Understands the principles of 12-Step Programs and how they apply to the recovery process
- May be required to transport patients
Lead RSS Responsibilities (if applicable):
- Collaborates to manage high-risk or re-engagement incidents
- Ensures adherence to program scheduling, policies, procedures, protocols, or guidelines.
- Communicates with program leadership/administrator on-call any identified program needs regarding safety, training, staffing, or programming
- Communicates with inter-disciplinary departments regarding new admissions, discharges, and transfers as well as sharing observations on unit to ensure collaborative treatment approach
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months experience in health and human service-related field preferred
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload
- Proficiency with all technology hardware, systems and tools required to perform duties; training will be provided as needed.
Customer Service: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers’ needs in a supervisor that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
Impact and Influence: Works effectively with and through others including those whom there is no formal authority over.
Project Management: Coordinates the diverse components of the project by balancing scope, time, cost, and quality.
Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
Work Environment: May work in a variety of environments including professional offices, clinics, hospitals, or out-patient facilities. They spend much of their time on their feet, actively working with patients.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Travel: Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected
Job Location: Recovery Centers of America at Westminster – 9 Village Inn Road, Westminster, Massachusetts 01473